Thanks to the incredible support we received from you all, we reached our crowdfunder target and are pleased to say that the free family Herne Hill Halloween Celebration is back for 2023! If you haven’t donated anything yet but want to, you can still add your magic coins to our cauldron and any further donations will go towards making the event even better.
This year we have teamed up with Station Hall – the fantastic community space above Herne Hill train station – to deliver some devilishly good entertainment for the little monsters of Herne Hill. Leave your buggy downstairs at the dedicated buggy park (left at your own risk) and head on up. Sadly the space is only reached via a set of stairs, but there’s plenty to do on street level if you can’t get up there.
The event takes place from 5 – 7pm on Tuesday 31st October in Station Square and Station Hall. The road will be closed to traffic from 3pm on the day and should re-open by 8:30pm. Confirmed so far we have:
- a marvelous magician
- a fiendish face painter
- an unlucky dip – what will you win?
- a gripping ghost hunt – win a prize if you catch them all!
- mystery boxes- do you dare put your hand inside?
- little monsters play area (for tiny tots, hosted by Apple Tree cafe)
- a photo booth with props to take pics with
- creepy crafts (in Station Hall)
- fiendish films (in Station Hall)
- devilish disco (in Station Hall)
We’re working day and night to bring you even more!
We’re now looking for volunteers to help run the event. There’s lots to do from 2:30 – 8:30pm so drop us a line and tell us when you are available.
Get dressed up and head on down the Station Square for some Halloween fun.